Trinity Academy Cross Country
Hi. I'm Coach Tim, Trinity's head cross country coach. As we look toward our second season in fall 2018, I wanted to share with you some stuff we can all find useful as we prep over the summer and make plans in the fall. Let me know if you have any questions at email@example.com or 503.329.3052.
Training Schedule (pre-season opportunities)
I would like all of our athletes to be training during the summer. This should include a combination of running, building up your distance and speed, as well as other cross-training activities like biking, swimming, weights, etc. Start a journal and track date, activity type, time spent on activity, speed, distance, etc.
If you are not yet comfortable with running a 5K, follow the couch to 5k training program listed below under links.
There are a number of opportunities for us to get together and run, or compete in some local events:
- 07.19 All Comer Track Meet @ Roosevelt High School 5:30-8PM
- 08.01 Portland Trail Series 6:15PM Forest Park
- 08.04 "Get Your Rear in Gear" Mt Tabor 5K 9AM start time
- 08.08 Portland Trail Series 6:15PM Forest Park
- 08.12 Bridge of the Gods 5K, 10K, Half Marathon
- 08.12 Columbia Park 5K Series Fun Run
Additionally, Coach Steve from Park Rose has invited our runners to join his team at Park Rose or Glendoveer Golf Course. They meet Mon, Wed, Fri at 3:45PM. For more details email Steve Sexton <firstname.lastname@example.org> or let me know if you want to attend and I'll try to join you.
- Luke M back July 21, unavailable Aug 6-10
- Luke F away July 22-Aug 14
Training Schedule (in-season)
- 08.13-17 We will meet 8-10AM each morning for training, location TBD.
- 08.27 (Mon) first day of school
- 08.28 (Tue)
- 08.29 (Wed)
- 08.30 (Thu)
- 09.03 no school
- 09.04 (Tue) *Trinitones 3:15-4:30?
- 09.05 (Wed) *Trinitones 3:15-4:30?
- 09.06 (Thu)
- 09.08 (Sat) Tualatin Invite
(TBD, possible options below, in bold you can count on happening)
Aug 19 (Fri) Prune Juice Challenge (Troutdale)
- Aug 29 (Wed) Canby Invitational or Sept 1 (Sat) PSU Viking Rust Buster (Gresham)
- Sept 8 (Sat) Tualatin Invite
- Sept 15 (Sat) Molalla Invitational
- Sept 22 (Sat) Bridgette Nelson Memorial (The Dalles)
- Sept 29 (Sat) Nike Portland
- Oct 6 (Sat) Bowmen Raceway Invitational at PIR
- Oct 13 (Sat) George Fox XC Classic
- Oct 25 (Thurs) District Championship (Tualatin)
Our team would like to come up with the following gear:
- collapsable tent
- Gatoraid water dispenser
I recommend each runner have the following:
- a watch (GPS watch preferred)
- running shoes: I don't really care what kind and I've tried a lot
- water bottle
A team uniform consisting of shirt, jacket and pants will be provided.
New to running? Worried about working up to a 5K distance? Start with checking out some of the links from this "couch to 5k" site.
Other running sites:
- http://mapmyrun.com - great site for measuring distance of your runs if you don't have a GPS watch, or for creating a route that will get you the distance you want
- https://www.strava.com - this is where I log all of my runs and I can follow the progress of friends (think social media site for athletes) Find me at https://www.strava.com/athletes/9157586
- Annika P (lives near Alberta Park NE PDX)
- Claire B (lives near Gresham border NE PDX)
- Cody F (lives near Peninsula Park NE PDX)
- Devyn (lives in SE Vancouver)
- Gabe C (lives near Glendoveer Golf Course NE/SE PDX border)
- Jacob M (lives near Glendoveer Golf Course NE PDX)
- Lia C (lives near St Johns N PDX)
- Luke F (lives near Forest Park NW PDX)
- Luke M (lives near Beaverton?)
- Tovi P (lives near Alberta Park NE PDX)